Hey there! Today I want to share a design with you that I’ve been meaning to share for oh, about a year!
This is the expansion of the Spring Motif which I shared in 2017, so if you’ve made that already, this one will be a doddle. I love how mine looks in my living room.
What you’ll need
1 ball each of Scheepjes Catona Cutie pies 10g balls. I used:
C1: 520 (lavender)
C2: 385 (crystalline)
C3: 222 (tulip)
C4: 101 (candle light)
3mm crochet hook
Ss slip stitch
Dc double crochet
Htr half treble crochet
Tr treble crochet
Dtr double treble crochet
Dc3l double crochet in the third loop
2trcl two treble crochet cluster
This is a mandala aimed at confident beginners, worked in rounds, using your choice of Scheepjes Catona cutie pies. While tension is not important, if your tension is usually tight, consider going up half or a whole hook size to avoid curling.
When working round 7, work the stitches into the bottom of the post, between the loops (see picture under round 7 instructions).
Lastly, don’t forget to block! Stretch the points out to 22cm
- C1, ch2, 12 tr into a magic ring, ss to join.
- Ch3, tr same, 2tr in the next and the next 10 stitches, ss to join.
- C2, ch4, tr same, skip 1, [tr, ch1, tr] next. [skip 1, (tr, ch1, tr)] 10 times, ss to join.
- C3, join in a ch space, ch2, [tr, ch1, 2trcl] in same ch space, [ch2, (2trcl, ch1, 2trcl) next ch space], repeat 11 times. Ch2, ss to join.
- C4: join in ch1 space between 2trcl, ch2, [tr, 3dtr, tr] in the ch2 space, [htr in the ch space between clusters (tr, 3dtr, tr in ch2 space)] repeat 11 times, ss to join.
- C1, join to an htr, [dc, ch3, skip 2], repeat 24 times ss to join.
- C2, join to a dc two rounds above the clusters from round 4, ch4, tr into the bottom of the same stitch, ch2, skip chain stitches, dc into the bottom of the next dc, ch2, skip chain stitches, [(tr, ch1, tr), ch2, skip ch stitches, dc into the bottom of the dc, ch2], repeat 11 times, ss to join.
- C3, join to ch1 space, ch2, tr, ch1, 2trcl in the same ch space, ch8, skip to next ch1 space, [(2trcl, ch1, 2trcl), ch8, skip to next ch1 space], repeat 11 times, ss to join.
- C1, join to a dc from round 6, ch4 (counts as 1st dtr), [3dtr in ch2 space from round 6, ch3, skip clusters, 3dtr next ch2 space from round 6, dtr in dc] 10 times, 3dtr in next ch2 space, ch3, skip clusters, 3dtr in the next ch2 space, ss to join.From the back:
- Ch5, dtr in the same, tr, htr, dc next 3, htr, tr, [(dtr, ch1, dtr), tr, htr, dc next 3, htr, tr], 11 times, ss to join.
- C4, join to ch space, [(dc, ch1, dc) same space, dc next 4, skip 1, dc next 4], repeat 12 times, ss to join.
- Ch1, dc3l same, [ch2, skip ch space, dc3l next 10], 12 times, ss to join. Tie off.
I hope you enjoy, don’t forget to share your pics on Instagram with hashtag #obsessedwithcrochet!